Para P-14 ltd sites.

12-34hom

I have a P-14 ltd, it came from the factory with adjustable sites. These are "bomar" knock offs, i think these sites are made in Italy?

The rear site has come loose from its base, and i can't it to lock down so there is no travel from side to side.

Do i need special tools to remove the site from the slide?

I've read from other posters that P-14 have had this problem, I've contacted several companies that sell adjustable sites, and the price of replaceing them and the installation could get pricey.

Comments and or suggestions?

Thanks 12-34hom

Charmedlyfe

You just remove the big screw in the center of the sight, then slide it out of the dovetail. If you removed the big screw before, you might have lost one of the two springs inside the sight (they are small). This could cause the sight to be loose fitting on the slide, probably come off.

If the rear blade is moving left/right freely, you probably stripped the adjustment screw. Not a lick of trouble from mine, but I tend to turn adj screws slowly. Also, only turn the side adj screw from the right (ejection port) side.

You can get replacement blades for the rear sight, as well as well as adjustment screws from Para. Not expensive. By the way, you'd be surprised at who else markets this same sight under their own name.....;)

George Smith

Para uses an Lpa sight.
One of the problems they do not fit the dovetial they use 2 stake marks and the rear sight is only tight at the stake marks and it prone to comming loose. there should be set screws to hold it in place in the base. the hole in the slide is clearnce for the elevation screw to allow it to go down all the way.

Bomar makes a decent sight and it will hold up many times better than the para or kimber sights.
you will need to locktite the base in when you install it. You can get a replacment para sight but they do not seem to hold up well.

the Kengs sight from asia that has several issues is not used by para or kimber. that is another story. :)

next look forward to your front sight coming loose it uses only one stake and they are usually first to come out.

geo ><>

bomar should set you back 65.00 for the part