Para-Ordnance Question

branrot

I have a P13.45 which I was shooting this weekend, and noticed that the rear sight had come slightly loose in the dovetail (I could move it about an eighth of an inch). My questions is: should I contact Para-Ord to send it back to them to fix, should I just have it fixed myself, or should I use the whole ordeal as an excuse to get night sights or some other type of aftermarket sights (and if so, which???)? I'm particularly weary of sending it to the factory because I think the factory is in Canada (I'd rather not deal with international shipping of a handgun).

BobR

Well, you know you have been wanting those low mount sights for a while now. So, I say now is the time to get them.

If only the sights on my P14 would loosen up, then I could justify some smith work on it...whic I will probably do anyhow...I need that safety on the right side!

bob

KITT

I am looking to replace the rear sight on my P-13 with the new Chip Mccormick sight. You remove the old sight and tap in the new base, then the new sight which looks like the Novak Lowmount sight screws into the base. I think it costs about $50, BUT is not adjustable. My P-13 shoots to point of aim and I can use the stock front sight and don't have to cut my slide.

Newton

branrot......Para's warranty center is in the United States, and is usually only a couple of days in service duration. I take it that you have a standard GI type rear sight?

branrot

Yes, standard sight. I'm going to wait until the gunshow this weekend, and see if any aftermarket sights strike my fancy or if anyone can fix it cheap. Otherwise, it's off to Pennsylvania. Thanks for the info.

CWL

In case you don't get a new sight, save yourself some time and just use a drop of red "loctite" on the sight. This has worked for me in the past.