Para-Ordnance Question

branrot

Does the P13.45 have a fully supported chamber?

I looked at mine, but it's hard to tell. A little bit of the bullet sticks out and appears unsupported. My question is whether this is a safe gun to shoot reloads out of. I'm considering getting into reloading, and if it is safe, I'll order my first press as a .45.

Radagast

G'day.
My IPSC club mandates lead only, and we all shoot reloads. Roughly half the shooters use Paras. No one has had a Kaboom! with reloads. One very old gun did have a cracked frame near the slide stop, but the cause was not acertained.
I don't know if the .45 Para is fully supported, but the 40's are, they will not feed brass that has been fired through a glock.
Last week I got to examine a 9mm case that had been loaded and fired by accident in a .40 calibre P16 Limited. The case fire formed to the Para chamber. The base remained 9mm size, the mouth and half the length of the case was 40 calibre, kind of a reverse bottleneck. The gun was unharmed and continued to function.
I doubt you will have any trouble with your pistol if you stick to published loading data.
Best of luck!

Ken in OZ

viesczy

I'm at work right now, so I can't break me P13 down and give the ole ocular confirmation, but I'm "certain" that the P13 has a fully supported chamber. I do not recall ever noticing any unsupported space, which is something I check for the first time I break a psitol down.

Derek