Para-Ordnance P13.45 opinions?

281 Quad Cam

Alright it's been 5 years on this forum, its high time I finally make a post like this.

Para Ordnance fits 13 rounds into a 1911 and most people seem to like the size of the grip. I think they fit 14 rounds in another model now... Why aren't these pistols more popular? It sounds like an awesome package.

hj28rules

Yeah. Ditto on the 'pricey'. They run $800-1000 just about everywhere I've looked. I did score a Para-Tac 4 NIB with 2 extra mags and 2 boxes of ammo about a year ago at a gunshow (from an individual) for $500. It is a fine pistol. The extra mags I got with the pistol are all 10 round. Para makes 13 round mags but is way proud of them. Hi-cap mags for this Para are hard to find and $$. My Tac 4 is my primary home dfefense weapon.

john in jax

I like the Para 12.45 LDA's - - carried one as my CCW for a while. But I wanted something slimmer and in stainless so now I'm CCWing a Para Ord C7.45s LDA.

I see you are in Florida if you're interested in a 12.45 LDA there's one for sale in Jacksonville for $600, and another, with a lot of extra mags, holster and ammo for sale in Orlando for $700, but I think you could probably talk him down to $600.

kiov

I have a para 14-45 LDA (light double action) i got it for $500 a few years back from Gart Sports, who were not going to carry Para anymore--it was the last one in the case. It is flawless after 2000 rounds, and is my bedside gun, with a surefire flashlight next to it.

I think it was 1999 that it got Gun of the Year from American Handgunner. Its a popular police gun cause its got the long, but smooth, double action first shot, thumb safefty, grip safety and is very relialble and sturdy.

Para realized the popularity of the single stack and has produced a series of excellent 1911 style pistols.

wth?

I just put a commander sized one on layaway @ Cabela's (have won $300 in gift cards and are waiting for their arrival). I keep hearing that there are issues with FTE on the new single stacks with the new extractor design. Any experience with this?

mfree

Ask Tam about our experiences with "painted ordnance".

Now, they're workable pistols... I have a P16-40 myself. Unfortunately my 16-40 wasn't very well put together and had very little lug engagement; During the conversion to 10mm that became evident with severe primer wipe and as I recall it was doing it a little with the .40 S&W I tested it out with. Even left stock that gun wasn't long for this world as it came from the factory.

Add to that the LDA "feature" of bending the action if you do something natural like thumb-cocking the hammer and you see why Paras are limited to their fans and those who can keep them running.