Para Ordnance and my forehead

ConcealCarryNY

I purchased a P12-45 about 4 months ago and just recently it has started throwing hot brass at my head every few rounds. I realize this is the extrator acting up and I saw during my use of the forum search that Para does have a new extration system. Does anyone know if PO is able to retrofit pre PXT stuff or am I doomed to have little circles on my forehead. I purchased it used from Gander mountain but am not sure if the warrently that i purchased with it will cover the extraction problem.

On a related note I lost one of my grip screws the other day. Is there anyplace that charges less than 12 dollars for a 2 cent screw?

OMCHamlin

My wife's Para Carry is doing the exact thing your's is, I'm sending it back to them asap. Call them, they can fix it.

brandx

CCNY,I got your email. I'll put 'em in a mailer Monday. Don't worry about the money, not worth the effort. Just pass it on.;)

Clark

I had a .380 case from a P3AT bounce off the wall at the range and get me.
Is there a wall involved with a bank shot?

attachment.php

Attachments

• ForeHeadCutEjectingCaseInjuryDSCF0036.jpg
    ForeHeadCutEjectingCaseInjuryDSCF0036.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 191

brandx

No prob. I have found that a little smear of RTV(silicone sealer) on the threads will keep them from coming loose without being too hard to take out when you need to.