Para Ord repair/replace ?

ChewToy

I bought a used Para WartHawg, and didn't look it over as good as I should have and have since noticed a small hairline crack in the dust cover. It's definitely a crack and not a scratch, there is no signs of it being dropped or any type of smith work done to it.

The Para website says they will cover defects for the life of the gun for the original owner. Has anyone ever sent a second hand gun to them for repair and been charged? How do they know if I'm the original buyer?

I just don't want to have to pay for a factory defect that would otherwise be repaired/fixed for free.

Thanks

ChewToy

I will when I get back, I'm deployed right now. I was just wanting to see if anyone has had any experience with this.

curt.45

ok, just out of stupidity, what is the dust cover on a para ord?

I've never heard of a part referred to as a dust cover.

ChicagoTex

It's the section of receiver in front of the trigger guard that covers the recoil spring.

Correct.

dustcover.jpg

tranks

hmm, thats a new one for me too.

hows your magazine springs holding up?

i need to order replacements for mine. i have one thats pretty distorted that rarely works right and the other one fails to feed the last round every time. (bought mine used too and it came that way, everything else is fine)

ChewToy

Both of my magazines have worked flawlessly so far, and I haven't had any malfunctions of any kind yet either, with about 400rnds of mixed ammo.