Para. Ord. Question. Hi-Cap Mags?

TaxPhd

My local dealer told me that Para's are no longer being shipped with one hi-cap. mag. However, there is still a coupon that allows purchase of two hi-caps from Para Ord.

Can anyone confirm this, or is my dealer full of it? (maybe pulling out the hi-caps and replacing with 10 rounders??)

12-34hom

This might be true. I bought a P-14 Limited model and no hi-cap mag was included. I'll e-mail Para and find out.

ds1973

I bought a P14-45 just last month so if it's true it's gotta be fairly recent. Although I don't know how long it was sitting at the gun shop before I bought it.

------------------
The first step is registration, the second step is confiscation, the final step is subjugation.

Ronin 99

Emailed Para about a month ago about this. IIRC you can only obtain the hi-caps by using the coupon you receive when you purchase one of their handguns. the coupon is good for 2 hi-caps.

Ronin

Hydejam

New Paras do not ship with hi-caps. If you are lucky enough to find one new with a hicap, then its older stock.

With the p1445, you do get a voucher to purchase up to two hicaps PROVIDED its not against the law in the state in which you reside. Para Ordnance is not going to ship them to you if it is illegal to do so. Along with the voucher, you need to send a copy of your proof of purchase and your Federal Form. Again, if your state says "no, no" Para Ordnance can't help you. You have ninety days from date of purchase to obtain them.

HS

Here's the deal...
Before the '94 ban came into effect Para & others went hell for leather producing Hi Cap mags.
All P-14s "should" come with a 14rnd mag as the mags were made prior to '94! :)
That is what Ted Szabo the Prez of Para told me over the phone.

------------------
"The Gun from Down Under !"
http://www.para1911fanclub.w3.to/
E-mail hotshot_2000@hotmail.com
Alternate E-mail
HS2000@ausi.com

wishbone

What does PARA charge for the 2 hi-caps when you have the coupon ? They are available without the coupon at 95 bucks in my area.

jthuang

I bought a ParaOrdnance handgun back in 1995. It came with one 10 round magazine and the coupon for two high caps.

Ron Shirk Shooting Supplies, of Lebanon, Pennsylvania, was selling NIB Paras for something ridiculously low -- like $520 for a P14.45 in blue steel -- and it came with one high-cap in addition to the certificates. Sadly, Ron has not advertised these guns in the Gun List for a few months now.

Justin

------------------
Justin T. Huang, Esq.
late of Kennett Square, Pennsylvania

TVDean

I bought a P14Limited a couple months ago. It came with one HiCap and a coupon for two more, which cost me $99.

Jeff Thomas

Anyone know of a source for full capacity, Para factory mag's? (assuming you want another one or two in addition to the coupon ...?)

Thanks. Regards from AZ

Hydejam

I checked about 1 month ago and they had hicaps in stock for $75.00 plus $6.00 for shipping.

A.S.P.I.
818-347-1926

They're a California based company but they ship from Arizona for the sake of legality.
Good luck.

HS

Hows P-14 & P-16 mags with +2 base pads for $75 grab ya?
wink.gif

From http://www.shootersconnection.com/

------------------
"The Gun from Down Under !"
http://www.para1911fanclub.w3.to/
E-mail hotshot_2000@hotmail.com
Alternate E-mail
HS2000@ausi.com