Para Ord PXT LDA Single Stack Carry Option ?

copenhagen

I was wondering if anyone has this gun yet. I just read about it in the Feb issue of American Rifleman. I am wondering if the alloy is rust resistant mainly, and also wondering what your over all perception of this pistol is if you own one or have fired one.

PDA (.45 ACP)

When you need to respond in seconds and outside help is minutes away, the Para PDA .45 ACP is your able companion. A full 6+1 rounds of potent .45 ACP firepower are on tap when you squeeze the smooth LDA trigger. It won't weight you down at 24 ounces.

Caliber: .45 ACP
Rounds: 6+1
Barrel: 3"
Weight: 24 oz.
Length: 6.5"
Height: 4.75"
Hammer: Spurless
Sights: Night Sights
Receiver: Alloy
Finish: Duo-Tone

The alloy is probably alum-a-nin-ium-um. So it should be completely rust resistant. :D

I do not own an LDA from Para but I know someone that does and I have shot it. It is a very nice set-up. He had some issues with his but para took care it it. The problems had something to do with the external hammer not functioning properly.

The trigger pull is nice and long but smooth and light.

It is very similar to shooting my Kahr except it has a grip and thumb safety.

I am not a big fan of the physical trigger itself though. It felt a little flimsy to me.

Last edited:
PS: Is this the one you are looking at buying?

If so that is one sharp pistol. I see it has an ambidextrous safety.

CWX645Rphoto.gif

KCabbage

Greetings everyone.
I don't own the model you are seeking but I do own a CCW PXT model and I adore it. I really like the trigger too. Para calls it a light double action although I think of it as more of a single action with a longer trigger pull. Their is no force from the trigger until you get to the firing point. Very nice, very safe.
I'm not so sure about that short barrel, but use a fast or a +P load and you should be AOK. You should get QUITE A BLAST:eek: from that light, short barreled pistol though. Thats just my opinion.
If you have any more questions please ask.

msuman

I just came across this pistol today and was trying to do a little research. Does anyone have one? There isnt much mention of them here. I think I would like to have one.

Mr. Habanos

Para PDA 45 ACP

I picked up my new Para PDA 45 ACP yesterday and took it straight to the range. Fired off 100 rounds with one round jambing. Other than that, awesome piece. :D

Handles very well for such a small gun firing 45 ACP rounds. I already own the 9MM version, and I expected a hell of a lot more kick than this little 45 has. So far, I am very pleased with both the 9MM and the new 45 ACP.

I really like the PARA LDA trigger system. Very safe, yet quick when rapid firing. I would recommend them to anyone wanting a nice, dependable and very sexy looking carry/conceal piece. :cool:

The biggest problem with these new PDA's is the price. They sure aren't inexpensive! :(

Handles very well for such a small gun firing 45 ACP rounds.
Those little Para's are very nice. It is amazing how easy they are to control for their size. I have not owned an LDA but I did have a Slim Hawg that was a great gun. The LDA's are something I would love to try out.

Milspec

I bought a Para Ord LDA PDA in .45 about a week ago. It worked fine except that it shot about 6" low at 20 feet. The trigger pull was long and smooth before the sear tripped crisply at about 5 lbs or so. I have a few issues which are currently being resolved at Para's TN repair facility. When I removed the slide for cleaning, the rivet that connects the trigger to the drawbar fell out. The mainspring housing has a 3/8" spot below the grip safety where the checkering wasn't formed correctly. The housing's also not flush with the frame at the lower right corner, leaving the sharp edge of the frame exposed. Also there are a few tiny chips in the Para Paint on top of the slide. I'm sure that it'll be a great little carry gun...can hardly wait to get it back... :D

Milspec

sflsun

I have the C-7 Para LDA .45 in SS. a beautiful firearm that shoots very well. I also have the Para 9 LDA another fine firearm. I should have waited to get the duo tone but I settled for the black. A satisfied para owner.

michael t

Para pistols are very hit and miss . Go check out para sites and you will see a lot of problems. Mine was a POS plain and simple and a trip to TN still didn't help. Do lots of research Lots of nice and I belive better pistols in that price range. Mine was traded on a Colt Defender and I have never missed it.