Para Elite officer 1911 with crimson trace for $599

TennJed

Been wanting a short barrel 1911 for a while. I am a big fan of crimson trace grips.

Found a new Para Elite officer with crimson trace for $599 at sportsman warehouse today. I jumped on it with really doing any reviews, which is unusual for me.

Anyone own one? Is this a good buy?

That model used to sell for a lot more before Remington killed off the Para name. I recently built one in .40 S&W -- I think they're great pistols. For that price, with the Crimson Trace grips, you didn't get a good buy -- you stole it.

TennJed

The specs on it are nice. $599 for a new 1911 with all this (of course the function is the most important)

-Crimson Trace® Laser Grips
-3.5” Match-Grade Ramped Barrel
-2-Dot Dovetail Rear, Green -Fiber Optic Front
-Stainless Steel -Frame & Slide
-Skeletonized Match-Grade Trigger
-Beavertail Grip
-Ionbond© PVD Finish

Minorcan

Great guns. Some people knock Para guns but when they were Para before Remington came along they were very well made and had features not found at equal price points. That is a very good deal. The Crimson Trace grips are $200 alone. The Paras I own have been 100% reliable with all kinds of ammo. My executive carry is a regular carry.

Targa

I am not into laser anything but if I were that sounds like a great deal to me. Congrats on a nice find.

1stmar

Ionbond is an excellent finish. I like it better than anything else I have used including hard chrome and cerakote. That finish alone is worth $250 or more. Para had the best value in 1911 IMO. Great features and quality parts.