Panther R30S

handlerer

Noticed one of these in the Midway Master catalog, chambered in 300 RSAUM, way cool cartridge to load for, better than the wsm's, due to the longer case neck. But my question is, how will this rebated rim cartridge feed from a magazine? I'm hoping that small base dies won't be necessary, and being an avid shooter, how will this action stand up to magnum loads? I already reload for 300 WBY, so I have powder, bullets and primers galore. All I have read about the DPMS rifles have been advertisements, so was hoping someone on this forum may have experience with this weapon, and pass advice on to me. I have an urge to get me one, for Zombies and the occasional Elk if I get lucky. Thanks fellers.

mellow_c

No clue about reloading... or the cartridge your talking about

But I do own a DPMS AR-10 (.308) And I love it. It preforms wonderfully, no problems. I believe they make one of the best, if not the best AR platform out there. Good luck!

Last edited:

shooter_john

I also have a LR308, and I echo mellowc on its quality. I have no problems out of the rifle whatsoever, but I did get one extremely tight new mag that required a minimal amount of work to fix. The rifle is also sub MOA accurate...
As far that chambering goes, I'm an 'anti-magnum' kinda guy, so I can't help you there.