pam.....

fubsy

Ive recently heard of using pam on the cylinder face and the top strap area to elevate the cleaning of crud from those areas.......I realize all the manual labor stuff, but this supposedly allows it to be wiped off........I know that dillon sells that spray as well and Ive never tried it either....has anyone here had any experience using those two?

have you used it on blueing or parkerizing and stainless and has it had a negative effect?

I remember when i use to cook on the open fire and cared about keeping the pans clean on the outside we would put liquid soap on those areas, ,,,while Ive not tried it...I wonder if it would work.......later....fubsy.

dk6

I've not heard of Pam used that way, I am on my way to the range w/ my new SS Super Blackhawk, if my wife has some, I will try it. I have a friend that uses Pam for case lube when he is reloading.

dk6

fubsy, well I tried the Pam thing on the Ruger, can't say it worked all that well. The stainless was still a bear to clean. I will bet the Pam was gone after the first 6 rounds were fired. Funny thing though, the first few rounds seemed to hit the target a little faster the the other rounds. Wonder if the Pam increased the velocity of the bullit?
Sorry, I could'nt resist that one.

fubsy

Well at least we know that dosent work then.....I think if cleaning revolvers wasnt such a pain,,,,more people would shoot them.....tks for trying, Im going to the range in the morning and will try the soad/...lol...fubsy.