Palmetto State Armory Patrol Carbine w/ AimPRO $999

tAKticool

Hi all,

Not sure if this question has been asked and answered or discussed but- I'd like to solicit some info on the Palmetto State Armory's Patrol Carbine- 16" M4A1 Hammer Forged 5.56, Chrome Lined, 1:7 rifle.

It's only $999

OH YEAH, and IT COMES WITH A BRAND NEW AIMPOINT PRO.

Almost unbeatable when it comes to price. this is not the exact type of AR I am in the market for and I don't have the money for the SPR that I really want, let alone another carbine BUT- How can you say no to this? I may just HAVE to buy one and use this as my base for a little customization... It's just too good not to, right?

my questions are, Will they do some changes for me? Over the summer they got real famous for awesome priced upper receivers, complete upper speciald for like $400. On AR15.com and other sites, they raved about how they will make any changes you need them to make, they're awesome at service and there to help. When I emailed them asking them if I could order an upper to be NJ legal (specifically, I needed the flash hider removed and either a plain target crown or some sort of muzzle brake / compensator installed, I wasn't particular nor was I looking for a $200 BCM BattleComp for free... I basically got told, in email, too Bad so sad go touch yourself)...

So I read their rifle description and it says each one is made to order, - so I was wondering, do you think they would indeed make it the way I'd want it? Again, I could go for a plain barrel crown, or some sort of muzzle brake/compensator, just no flash hider. Also, I would need the stock pinned, but I am going to upgrade it to a Magpul ACS stock, whic I would be happy to order from them if they would do that (If they are, then I would have them throw on a Magpul MOE+ Pistol Grip, a MOE Trigger Guard, and MBUS sight...) additionally, I would like a quad rail installed- I don't know much about this. What needs to happen to remove the front sight base and go with a quad rail and then flip up sights, do you need to do something to the gas system? Cause I would be willing to have them put on the quad rail too..

Just curious, is it not normal to ask a company to "handle your order" in the way I mean, put on the stuff I want, or is that not normal at all and I am being out of line. (I'm not looking to get the stuff FOR FREE, mind you).

Ok thanks much.

Fishbed77

I have spoken to employees in their store in Columbia, and PSA will build guns to order, with a few caveats. They have to have the parts you want in stock (easy enough to see, since their website does not show out-of-stock items). If all parts are bought from PSA, they will not charge to assemble. I'm also pretty sure that you have to go into the store to do this ( I was basically told to come back and talk to one of their gunsmiths if I wanted a custom build and they would be glad to do it) - I'm not sure that they do these custom builds over the phone or internet, though.

ozarkrecluse

I have one of their uppers on my latest build. Very good quality. If I had known they were going to be offering this deal I would have been sorely tempted to just have bought this one outright. You can't beat the price for what they're offering.`