Palmetto State Armory cancelled my order, anyone else?

davidsoc

I placed an order for some ammo online the other day from Palmetto, i checked the next day and my card had been charged...i recheck my account today and the charge mysteriously vanished.

Im not too mad about the cancellation as i found some ammo from cabelas for slightly cheaper :D

Has anyone else had this happen? I didnt get a confirmation email when i placed the order but my card was charged, and didnt get a cancellation email or notice of any kind.

buck460XVR

Most companies only charge your card when the order is shipped. There may have been a delay in shipping your order, thus the original charge was reversed. This probably doesn't mean your order has been cancelled, just has not been shipped yet. If you want your order cancelled, you best call them and let them know.

davidsoc

Oh okay if thats the case i'll just wait for them to ship and have fun with the stuff i got from cabelas in the meantime

UtopiaTexasG19

Palmetto has always been bad about charging to your card even if they do not send your order for 6 months. I do not like businesses using my money as hostage and do not think they should charge on the card until the order is shipped. This is one reason I do not do business with them but many on the gun boards think it is just fine and that they are a good business to deal with....so one has to make a decision whether their tactics are ok or not.

BrassAndLead

They may have put the charge through an an authorization to make sure there was sufficient room to go through. Maybe they do this as a way to hold your spot on the backorder list?

Palmetto has always been bad about charging to your card even if they do not send your order for 6 months. I do not like businesses using my money as hostage and do not think they should charge on the card until the order is shipped. This is one reason I do not do business with them but many on the gun boards think it is just fine and that they are a good business to deal with....so one has to make a decision whether their tactics are ok or not.

I think there are laws about this in the payment card industry. My understanding has always been that they have to ship your item within something like 30 days of charging your card. The only time that it's ok to charge without shipping in that timeframe is for made to order items, and only then can they charge up to half. At least that's what I remember but maybe things have changed. If they continue this practice, it might not be a bad idea to notify your credit card company who can then followup with the appopriate agency to stop this practice (my guess would be the FTC).

Bart Noir

Is there any chance that they think you live in a state that prohibits ammo shipments to the home?

Orange County? Is that California or New York? Or New Jersey or Florida?

The shippers are having to be quite careful of local laws and probably tend to make decisions on the side of "no citation for us".

Bart Noir

Last edited:

davidsoc

Well the charge appeared on my statement again, still no confirmation or shipping notice email but im thinking its probably on its way

Im guessing what happened is what BrassAndLead suggested