Painting my magazines

Yung.gunr

I have some surplus rifle magazines from a Galil and I was going to paint them because they are real ugly and different colors. So my question is, have any of you ever written or painted anything on your magazines?

I was thinking about stenciling something on there, am I the only one? Is that too mall ninja?

SPEMack618

I generally wrap a piece of masking tape around mine and number them, it helps me keep track of which ones need to be rotated.

Creeper

I was thinking about stenciling something on there, am I the only one? Is that too mall ninja?

I've painted color codes on AR mags to ID what was in them. I guess that what you paint will determine if it qualifies as sidewalk commando'ish or hip "gun art".

Something that one might see on an IDF magazine or gun would be cool.
For some reason I've always liked the biohazard symbol... why I'd put it on a gun I can't explain, but then if I like it, who cares what anyone else thinks. ;)

C

Mikey Idaho

ae7e5e35-ee4c-f588.jpg

I took my m&P9 baseplates off and spray painted em with Krylon Fusion. Easy to manage mag spring replacements and my self defense rotation. Didn't want to number em. And it's not mall ninja, I personally just don't give a crap what others think of my guns, it's useful.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

TheGunGuy

ae7e5e35-ee4c-f588.jpg

I took my m&P9 baseplates off and spray painted em with Krylon Fusion. Easy to manage mag spring replacements and my self defense rotation. Didn't want to number em.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

I'll pass.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Yung.gunr

Yeah, I was thinking of more fun stuff then useful. That's why I was not sure if I wanted to. Mainly like a phrase in Latin. My cousin suggested the "Punisher" skull thing, I'm not sure.

Kreyzhorse

I wouldn't do it, but they are your mags so do whatever you like.

If I were forced to stencil my mags, I would do Jolly Roger symbol though....:eek:

HiBC

Your preferences,not my business.

I suggest you not get any paint inside the magazine.I suggest you not get any paint on any part of the magazine that goes in the mag well.Paint scrapings will foul functional parts.

Depends on the paint,but many paints will be softened by bore cleaners,lubes,etc.

I'm not much into the "looks like" game.I see the form of function,and I see workmanship.

Bling?I begin to have my doubts .