Paint for B&C stock

Dallas Jack

I have three of the B&C Medalist stocks that are the Tan and black webbing color. I am trying to match the Tan and not having much luck. I need it for touch up and to paint the barrel channel. Does anyone know where I can get an exact match for the Tan?

Thanks for any info.
Dallas Jack

SVO

Take it to a auto body supply store that has the 3M color matching system. They should be able to match and mix the paint you need.

Incognito

You could also go by a hobby shop that sell scale models. Tamiya and Testors sell military type camouflage colors which could easily be blended to match the tan. Follow it with a matte clearcoat and you should be good.

Dallas Jack

I called and asked if they could send me some touch-up paint. She said it would be dry before it got here. They must be using aerosol cans to paint with. Then I asked if they could tell me what kind and color. She didn't know.

Maybe I should call and try to get a tech on the phone.

I'm not sure I want to carry a rifle stock into Loew's. I'm worried that some idiot would freak and do a man with a gun call to the cops.
Dallas Jack

Last edited:

hooligan1

Dallas Jack If you have a nice digital camera, take a few pics and head out for the paint store.;) you are definetly right about the idiot calling police, I wouldn't try that one, Not here in KCMO, maybe a nice little sleepy town, but not a metropolitan area store:eek: Any way who will notice these touch up spots anyways?:cool:

Dallas Jack

I called B&C back today. This time they say they get their paint from Sherwin Williams and it is called "Tan Stock".

Guess I will give Sherwin Williams a chance to color match.
Dallas Jack

Last edited: