Pachmayr grip adapter?

glockopop

So I'm looking for a couple of Tyler T-Grips, and having no luck. If you order direct, they take 6-8 weeks, and D&L Gunsmithing is out of them for K frames.

I've seen several Pachmayr grip adapters on Gunbroker, GunsAmerica, and eBay. I know the general consensus is that the Tyler is the best there's ever been, but what about the Pachmayr? Anybody ever used them?

oneounceload

My dad's 1950's S&W model 10 wears a Pachmayr and it on that gun for all 33 years he was NYPD - works great - I took it off, but put it back on when I couldn't hit anything with it off

carguychris

Pachmayrs were available in 3 sizes rather than a single size for Tyler T-grips, so you can tailor the gun's fit to your hand. OTOH this is dependent on being able to actually find the size you want, since AFAIK they've been discontinued for decades. Most Pachmayrs don't have finger grooves, which could be good or bad depending on your taste. On the minus side, Pachmayrs are plastic, so they feel a bit flimsy, tend to get damaged, and can't be fixed as easily once they're scratched up.

I've tried both and like T-grips better. OTOH if you want a Size 6L (large) Pachmayr for that K frame, I'll sell it to you cheap so you can try it out. PM me if you're interested. :D

glockopop

Sure, I could wait 6-8 weeks, but I'm young and impetuous. I need one and want another. I just made a deal on a real Tyler T on GB last night, and with Chris's Pachmayr on the other gun I may just wait the 6-8 weeks now. When I compare them side-by-side I'll post my opinion on both.

WESHOOT2

wasn't automatically assuming the young and impatient part

Thought you might have a serious need for the gun, and needed the piece right away.

Glad you found one quick floating around the 'net.

Funny, too, because I shot a 640 yesterday with a T-Grip mounted (poorly, askew, canted).
(My ammo, though :D )