Pachmayr/A-Zoom rimfire training rounds

Buzzcook

So I stop by a local gun shop and ask the guy for some .22 snap caps. He points me down the aisle and says they're those blue things.

The on box is A-Zoom rimfire training rounds, down at the bottom it says Pachmayr. They are indeed blue.
So after drooling on the glass for a bit I purchase these things and toddle off home.
Open the package and throw six of these in my revolver, pull the trigger once and then read the packaging. Imagine my surprise when read.

Warning A-Zoom 22 Long Rifle Action Proving Dummy Rounds are designed to teach safe gun handling. They are not snap caps. ... Dry firing will deform the head and will limit their use to 4 or 5 hits.

So was the guy at the shop right and these thing work fine as snap caps or did I just waste money on pretty blue dummy rounds?

MerleApAmber

I'm in the "documented use on the box is the right take" crowd...
However, I haven't seen snap caps for rimfire yet so.... YMMV

Buzzcook

http://www.pachmayr.com/rimfire-caps.php

pac_snap_rim_lge.jpg

Dry fire any .22 LR Rimfire firearm safely and without chamber damage.

Packed in handy 24 packs, these Pachmayr snap caps are precisely molded from a resilient polymer for many safe, damage-free hammer drops. After extensive experimentation and testing, these tough, polymer snap caps are proven to deliver long life and many hammer drops. In fact, testing has shown that these snap caps can withstand up to 5-times as many as hammer drops as the other "disposable" rimfire snapcaps.

I'm starting to think I'm the blue dummy.

Poodleshooter

For dry fire, you make new .22 snap caps every time you shoot. Just use brass.
For .22rf, training/safety orientation rounds as above are one thing, snap caps are another.
I typically don't dry fire when other people are around. When I do, I use expended brass. If I was conducting an NRA basic safety course, the Pachmayr/Azoom,etc rounds would be preferred due to the "safety" coloration.