PA pistol transfer question

Deerhunter

My dad gave me 2 pistols when I was living in PA. He was also a resident of PA. I was then given a pistol by my grandfather that he got in WWII again both of us were PA residents. It is a nice French pistol, hardly fired and only dropped once. Anyway I owened them while we all lived in PA. I have since moved to VA. I know I don't have to register them in VA. Is there anything that I should have done or need to do to legally own them?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

NavyLT

If the transfers ocurred after Feb 24, 2001, unless there is an exception for immediate family members (and there might be, I don't know), then the guns should have transferred to you at a sherrif's office or PA FFL and a PA form SP 4-113 should have been completed for each transfer.

HOWEVER, now that you are in Virginia and nobody really gives a rodent's behind, Shorts' statement is true and accurate.

Shorts

Good cover LT, I got lazy on that. I didn't sleep at a Holiday Inn last night :(:D

Fine print is the best word to take in regards to state laws.

NavyLT

Shorts said:
Good cover LT, I got lazy on that. I didn't sleep at a Holiday Inn last night

You aren't admitting to being at a Holiday Inn but not sleeping are you? wink-wink-nudge-nudge

Deerhunter

Nope I had the pistols from my dad before 2001. The other one technically was mine before that. I just left it at my grandparents since I was in the military and wanted to wait on taking it with me. Thanks for all the help.