PA permit

DMacLeod

Unbelievable service,AAAAA+++++ I mailed my application in on the 4th of April and it was issued on the 9th. Got it in the mail today. Kudos to the people in the Sheriffs office.

KnightZero

Hope my service is equally fast.

I put in for my permit at the County Sheriff's office (Chester County, PA) on Friday. I look forward to seeing it in my mailbox.

Deegle

The smaller counties have unbelievable turn around time. My wife applied for hers in Mifflin County in the morning and they were ready to issue it later that day. I got mine in Lancaster and it took 2 weeks. Still, not too bad.

dirksterg30

Allegheny County is pretty quick - my wife & I had ours in less than 30 minutes, (of course that was about 3 years ago).

DMacLeod

Whenever a permit is renewed up here (MA) it is advised to submit 90 days early. My last renewal took 30 or 31 days. Went from 25 bux to 100, but it is good for an extra year:rolleyes:

Yellowfin

Mine took only a couple of weeks out of Centre County. They're exceedingly nice and were kind enough to accommodate my shoddy mail service by sending it to my inlaws so I'd have it when visiting.

pesta2

Mine came really quick to. I only live about 30 minutes form the PA boarder so I am around there a lot. Then all the sudden PA now honors WV permits but PA has some different state that honor it’s permit that WV does not. So it's all good.

ViperJon

Wonder how long Utah takes? I mailed my app. on April 4th.

I just got my non-res Utah, took about two months from when credit card was actually charged. Card charged 2/8, received license today 4/15.

cortez kid

Well, in Wayne County Pa, the sherrif is kinda backward. I guess there's a rule in the law that allows them to put it on hold for 45 days. That's what I had to wait. The funny(yeah real funny) thing was that the lady in the sherrifs office made the phone call right in front of me and got the approval number as I watched. She proceeded to tell me that a more thorough investigation was to take place. She lied. My gun dealer told me she was going to before I even started the process. Oh well. Got it anyway!
kid

InTheMist

I know you can open carry legally in PA, but can an out of stater get a pa carry permit? I'm moving to PA and am still a resident of MD, can I apply for a cc permit, or must I change residency first?

Yellowfin

You can either get the out of state PA or get the out of state FL or UT. Either way works. I got the out of state PA right now but will have the FL one soon because I need Nevada and it's cheaper than actually going to Nevada and getting theirs.