P95 reassembly problems

KZMAN

Did you remember to push down the ejector during disassembly? That's the only thing I can think of that would cause a problem.

FrankenMauser

The guide rod is probably caught on the wrong step on the barrel's underlug.
Remove the slide and make sure the guide rod is hooked on the larger, machined surface, not the little step that's a byproduct of the forging and machining process(es).

With the guide rod on that forward (false) step, it is possible to put the slide stop back in underneath the guide rod. ...Which causes all sorts of problems.

Corona

Think Kzman is correct. I might have done this with my old 95 years ago. I might have called Ruger service in a panic, thinking I'd broken my first pistol.

As I recall, the solution was to drop the mag, insert a bent coat hanger - something with about a 1/4 inch hook bent slightly beyond 90 degrees - to be able to pull the ejector downward.

Have to work the slide backward to take some of the pressure off the ejector.

What I found was it was a pretty firm pull. But that's one tough pistol. Worked just fine afterward. Never failed to press the ejector down when dissembling ever again. And never had a misfire with the P95 either, before or after.