P95 Lubrication Question

Peachy

I have a new Ruger P95. It has been flawless for several hundred rounds thus far. I have been keeping it lightly oiled with Hoppes 9 oil and more recently, Break Free CLP.

This got me thinking, is the CLP safe for the Ruger Frame? The bigger question is, are there any precautions I need to keep in mind regarding cleaning/lubricating this weapon?

Thanks in advance,

Peachy.

blume357

I only use the break free....

sometimes I'll add a little gun oil but not much... the P95 doesn't need fancy high end lubes... and my only other opinion... stay away from grease... it just makes the gun dirtier and harder to clean.

WESHOOT2

BreakFree CLP is a superior lubricant.
It is utterly safe and appropriate for your Ruger.

You can call them and ask......

Peachy

Thanks..

Thanks for the replies. Sonnycrockett, are you sure its not a lube?
CLP=cleans, lubes, protects, or so I thought.

Peachy.

ShipWreck

Yes, it IS a Lube (it is all I use), and it is fine for polymer frames.

In fact, for my FN PS90 - they recommend ONLY using CLP (instead of chancing something else that could damage the polymer).

You will be fine. I have used it for cleaning and lube for years.

sonnycrockett

CLP,which I like and use on all my guns ...Its a solvent with some lube in it for protection,its great stuff but it is not a friction fighter and thats where real LUBE comes into play...

Could u use CLP on bearings? Nope....Engines? Nope Gun slides ? Possibly but I prefer real oil on metal to metal high friction areas.....Knock yourself out

Peachy

Sonny

You may have a point. I think I'll clean my P95 with the CLP and continue to use the Hoppes. After all, that's what I have been using and that gun eats everything and begs for more. Although, I won't lose sleep if the clp is all I have.

Thanks All.