P320 FCU

rcollier

I have a Sig 320 Nitron Carry. Found a good deal on a full size conversion 9 mm kit so I jumped on it.
I received it today and my FCU will not work in the new grip module. I really like my 320 and purchased it with the idea I could eventually get the different conversions.
When I mount the FCU in the full size grip the slide release will not “ match up” to the molded well made to accommodate it. I looked on the sig website and don’t see a reason why this would be the case.
I don’t want to start a bash Sig 320 thread as I really like my 320 but thought someone more knowledgeable could offer some advice.
Thanks

Cheapshooter

Are you sure the FCU is fully in place? How far out of line is it? Do you notice any discrepancy with a close visual inspection?
My curiosity urged me to remove the FCU in my 320 Carry "just to see". It fitted pretty tight, and took some extra pressure to get back in where it belonged.

rcollier

The FCU fit tight, I could put the FCU release lever back in place but the slide will not go on as the slide release button will not move down to allow the slide to move all the way back.
There is a “flange” that is on the grip module blocks the release from moving down. It appears I could file the plastic down to allow the release button to depress but don’t want to remodel a new grip if it is supposed to line up and fit!!

TunnelRat

Assuming you know that you can't convert between 45ACP and 9mm, then your new grip module should have come with a new slide release lever to fit that cutout on the frame. They ship with them now. If it didn't for some reason (look in the box) then you can call SIG and they'll ship you one.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

rcollier

Assuming you know that you can't convert between 45ACP and 9mm, then your new grip module should have come with a new slide release lever to fit that cutout on the frame. They ship with them now. If it didn't for some reason (look in the box) then you can call SIG and they'll ship you one.

I am going from Carry to Full size 9mm. No slide release lever that I see in the exchange kit
Will need to get on the horn to Sig. I don’t see that small factor listed on the exchange parts list?
Thanks Tunnel Rat.

rcollier

My carry is a pre voluntary upgrade, I did send it in for the upgrade. The conversion kit is post. Maybe the issue?

TunnelRat

The issue is your slide release as I said. They changed the design over time. I can't fix it for you tonight.

We're not supposed to link to other forums IIRC, but if you search "p320 slide release change" you'll find more information.

TunnelRat

Sorry not trying to be short. I know how much it sucks when a new part doesn't work out. Like I said if you Google the above you'll find more info that shows what you need. I do remember people calling SIG and getting the right part if the kit didn't include it. You can't do much until Monday. [emoji3525]

1stmar

I too thought the exchange kits came w the new slide release. I know the grip modules do. You may want to dble check. Let me know if you need one i think i may have one

rcollier

Tunnel Rat
I appreciate your response. You have been extremely helpful to me and other members on the forum.

1stmar
I have went through my package and no slide release can be found. If you have one I would take it. Let me know how much you would like for it.

TunnelRat

So in thinking about this more, getting the FCU into the grip module might not be the only problem. If this is an older kit and the slide doesn't have the changes that go with the upgrade (and the upgrade does involve changes to the slide), will that slide still work on his frame? I actually remember when I did the upgrade that it did mention the exchange kits if sending in your pistol.

rcollier

So in thinking about this more, getting the FCU into the grip module might not be the only problem. If this is an older kit and the slide doesn't have the changes that go with the upgrade (and the upgrade does involve changes to the slide), will that slide still work on his frame? I actually remember when I did the upgrade that it did mention the exchange kits if sending in your pistol.

I didn’t think of that, crap.
My 320 carry was sent in as well and they did modify the slide, I will check to see if the conversion slide has been modified the same way.

1stmar

Rcollier I have 1. You can have it, no cost. PM me if you need it. Do you know how to twll old style or new style.

rcollier

Rcollier I have 1. You can have it, no cost. PM me if you need it. Do you know how to twll old style or new style.
I will at least pay for shipping.
I don’t know how to tell old from new.
I bought my original sig in 2016 if that helps

rcollier

1stmar
Sent a pm
Thanks.
The link helped- old module gen 1 new module gen 2.
Hope that the new release will be the ticket.
Thanks for all the help!!