P239 Hogue Rubber Grips

TunnelRat

Hi all,
So I recently picked up a P239. I've been very happy with it so far. I just got in some Hogue rubber grips that definitely help the feel. However the magazine doesn't want to drop free. Anyone else have this problem?

-TR

Dragline45

My 232 had similar problems when I would over tighten the grips screws, you could actually see where the screw was rubbing against the magazine. On the other hand there could be excess rubber left over from the molding process. I know on my Beretta when I installed Hogue panel grips I had to shave off some rubber because it was rubbing against the trigger bar and slowing down the reset.

TunnelRat

On the other hand there could be excess rubber left over from the molding process. I know on my Beretta when I installed Hogue panel grips I had to shave off some rubber because it was rubbing against the trigger bar and slowing down the reset.

Bingo. That's what it was, it was rubbing on the part of the magazine that contacts the rubber at the bottom. A little shaving and it was fine. Thanks!

dehughes

Glad you figured it out. Is yours a 9 or a .40? I have one in .40, and it's great, but I want one in 9.