P228: Slim Grips?

TunnelRat

Hi all,
A lgs near me got in a mid 90s Swiss Police P228 on trade. I cut my teeth shooting a Swiss Police P228 but stupidly traded it, so I put this one on hold as it's almost like I'm getting a chance at getting it back.

One issue I do have is that I have medium hands but somewhat shorter fingers. I've gotten used to somewhat slimmer pistols. Do folks have any recommendations for some slim grips for the P228/P229? I am not a massive fan of the E2 conversion but I will go that way if need be. Would prefer to find some screw on alternatives.

Thanks,
-TR

Kevin_d77

I believe the Hogue aluminum grips are thinner than the stock versions but not sure if they have them for the 228 or not

WyMark

I put E2 grips on my P228, works great for my medium hands and shortish fingers.

Got the grips and all the required springs from Top Gun, you'll need a new main spring and trigger bar spring. Grips were $47 plus shipping, springs were another $9. Part number for the grips is GRIPKIT-229-E2.

Edit: Sorry just reread and see you're not a fan. They work great for me, though.