P226 erratic ejection?

IM_Lugger

Does anyone else have a P226 with erratic ejection? :confused:

Mine P226st 9mm is a little better than it was at first but the ejection still isn't as consistent as my other guns. I also get an FTE every 50-100 rounds :(

Anyone else has/had that problem? What did you do? I would like to fix the problem myself rather than sending it away.

dwatts47

my old (early 90's) 226 has never given even a hicup. I need more info.
approx generation of the gun (1st roll stamped metal slide, internal extractor,separate breach block, 2nd external w/forged slide, 3rd external w/ rail)
Ammo brand and type.
gun lube/cleanliness at time of failure.
mag brand and type.
details of the situations ( you say better than "at first") at first what?, new shooter? new gun? used gun - new to you? new mags? back from repair.

let me know.

IM_Lugger

dwatts47

The gun was bought brand new, maybe 700-800 round fired, cleaned after evrey range trip, factory magazine(s) (but since I never had a feeding issue it's not a mag problem) ammo all reloads and a box or two of NATO ammo.

I'm not a new shooter and by at first I meant the ejection pattern was worse when the gun was brand new.

dwatts47

Sorry, didn't mean "new" shooter.

My first Sig 220 ST didn't like reloads or generic stuff AT ALL when it was new. Got it seized up once when some sticky brass met my hot barrel... but after that it has turned into a tank... not a hiccup ever.. dido for the aforementioned 226. Neither of these needed anywhere near 800 rounds to get their steam though.

I'd have sig check your extractor tension. Though rare, it could be set too light or too heavy ,causing it to work properly only part of the time.

Could be that your chamber (again very rare) is milled to extremely tight tolerances. Sigs are the best off the line guns you can buy, but everyone has product problems now and again.