P22 range report.

BerettaCougar

I just put round number five thousand five hundred through my first p22 and very few problems, NOT EVEN ONE MISS FEED, no jams. the ONLY problem I have is that when I rapid fire the safety engages (the design is kind of stupid the safety is activated when the switch is up, disactivated when it's down) when I fire at a moderate rate (one or two shots a second) it works beautifully, my girlfriend put about 300 rounds through hers and had no problems.

This is the only pistol I ever killed anything with (Fox)

You guys probably don't want to read this long story but I tell everyone this story because it's a great story..

I was in my tree stand with my 300 winmag from about 4am till about 3pm spotted a few doe and coyotes and a few spikers, I dont shoot at spikers I go for full racks (unlike most idiots who hunt and down spikers without giving them a chance to grow full beautiful racks) well I got down from my tree stand at about 3 walking to the 4 wheeler I notices a fox standing about 10 feet from my 4 wheeler, I took a picture of it and got my 4 wheeler and turned it on when I turned it on the fox started going nuts and ran to me and bit my boot, I felt the things teeth on my boot and I pulled out the p22 and fired three rounds very quickly, all three went into the fox's head (it was at point blank range).
Thank god for good boots.

BerettaCougar

Another bad thing is that the slide is like a grey color, the word Walther is not readable on the slide, it's not as dark as it used to be, and the safety is crapping out (very loose).

johndavid400

thats weird.... I have well over 5500 rounds through mine (probably closer to 7000) and mine still functions perfectly. The finish is still excellent on it and all the words on the slide are visible, I do not however use a holster... I just go to the range with it in the original foam box, shoot, clean it, then put it back.

I had the safety problem with my first one... I figured out on mine that it was because I over oiled the rear part of the slide. I never oiled the very rear part again and never had that problem again. Also, I'm sure you already have... but if not, try tightening the screws on the safety lever itself (if you really wanted to stop it from moving, you might try grinding a little bit off the end of the screw to make it tighter).