P10 Getting Me Excited!

dennie suman

Finally had time to take my P10 jam king out and play a little. After some advice on TFL, I took a couple brands of ammo that I had never tried in it. After "massaging" the lips on the mag a little, I found that the Winchester WinClean ammo would feed through it nearly 100%!!!! Also much better with some UMC 230 ball I had along.
Never before had I gotten thru a 10 round mag without some kind of hangup. Made it thru 12 shots in a row when I ran out of ammo.
I AM looking forward to the next time out!!
Thanx to all who responded to my problem a while back. Maybe there is hope for my P10!
BTW, has anyone else had experience with the WinClean ammo? Sure seemed to help me out.
Dennie NRA Life Member, GOA

BBanks

Dennie, (and any other P10 owners)I have been doing some soul searching, and despite all of the good-para bad-para news I am still hell bent of purchasing a P10-40 (I need the extra rounds over kimber, springfield). What is your advice? To buy or not to buy? If I do buy, should I buy some aftermarket mags since I hear the factory mags don't feed well? Are the feeding problems only in the 45 and not the 40? Any smithing anticipated?

Thanks
Barry

dennie suman

BBanks, I have had my P10 a couple of years. I have had nothing but feeding and ejection problems. It was so bad that I quit taking it out. I finally hooked up with the TFL and with some help here I tried some of their suggestions. Friday I took it out and it began to show some promise.
I have posted on my problems a couple of times, and it seems my problems are the norm. I would steer clear of the P10.
It seems the P12 or P13 are much better. I would want to shoot ANY P-O a lot before I bought another.
Good luck with your choice.
Dennie

KelTeKee

Yeah another die hard. I've had mine from the beginning of this year and have been sorting out the probs. Hot ammo seems to help like triton230g +p(hurts like hell) but also some weak local reloads have gone the 10 round mag. This pistol drives me crazy since I like to figure things out. This little bugger is one big challenge. Built like a tank, finished like a cheap suit but accuracy is outstanding when it cycles. I have come to the conclusion that it needs two more things and it will do well and reliable. that is to get the major deep throat job on the chamber and posibly slight ramping(not just polish, done all that) and throw away those awful POS stock mags. They suck big donkey balls. They don't know what quality control is. The many 10 rounders that I see have mega weld spine down the inside of the mag tube. Looks like I could of welded better with a .25" arch stick and a blind fold. I think they get their mags from promag or usa or KKK(what the f*#% kinda name is that?!). Actually I have promags that look better and run better than the stockers. I really think the major prob is the mag. I tested my 14 rounder from a p14 and it was marginally better, they need springs. Anyway, I was going to go the full route and send it to a smith but I think I'm trading mine for a G33...at lest that hand cannon won't fail me. The paradox is however that I like 1911's, I like small pistols and I like the p10 but the function is awful. I'm bummed since I got that major deal on it. I was spoiled however with my sigs, that is a real pistol but I wish they would introduce one that is sized like a p11 keltec. I'd buy two!