P-T Night Sights

5pins

Im thinking about getting some P-T night sights for my USP .40.
any comments? What color combo? Im thinking green/blue.

------------------

Walt Sherrill

I've got PTs on one of my guns, a S&W 669, and they are so dim that I've considered sending them back.

A friend had several guns with PTs, and is slowly replacing them (the sights) with Meprolights.

I much prefer Meproglights or Trijicons. In my experience, the Meprolights are much brighter.

PT prices are good, but I don't think you get a bargain. (Perhaps my experience is unusual.)

Mylhouse

I'd strongly recommend against getting them. I bought a pair for a USP last year (red rear, green front) from A.P.I. (I think) and the left rear dot went really dim after only a month. I then bought a pair for my AR15 from Arizona Gun Runners and the same exact thing happened after only 3 days! They suck! Go with the proven-Meprolights or Trijicons, your preference (they're equal in my opinion).

Joe Blacke

I've had a set of the P.T. sights. I've also used meprolight, trijicon, and the Wilson "nite-eyes".

The P.T. sights were definately the worst of the bunch. The front sight capsule popped out during dry firing. The rear capsules failed and I only had a very dim front sight left.

I've had the Wilsons for about 5 years now, and they are still going strong.