P-64 spring question....

woad_yurt

Hi all. I just took delivery of a P-64, the Polish 9X18 pistol. I want to order some springs from Wolff to civilize the thing and would like to know if anyone here has done the same. If so, which hammer and recoil spring would you recommend? Thanks.

SouthpawShootr

I suggest you poke around here.

There is a spring you can change to greatly improve the DA pull, but I haven't done it and don't remember the specifics. The have a link called "fixes." That's what you are looking for, I believe.

Doyle

I've got one P-64 left now (my other one was stolen) and I've changed the springs out on both of them. Most people find they like the 18lb spring the best. Some particular guns have trouble with light hammer strikes and dropping magazines after the last round and those particular guns do better with the 19lb spring. My remaining P-64 was just the opposite. The 18lb spring still was too stiff, so I went to the 17lb spring and it worked just fine. My suggestion is to buy the 3 spring pack and see which one works for you. Also, you will probably find that as the gun loosens up over time, you may need to adjust up one lb from the one that originally worked.

As for the recoil spring, the 20lb seems to be the most popular.

torpeau

Some P-64 owners have replaced the recoil spring with a 20 or 22# spring and left the other one alone. The double action pull is bad (especially bad on earlier P-64s), but it's kind of like an extra safety -- and, no risk of light primer strikes. I never use DA on any pistol anyway.

woad_yurt

Yesterday, I ordered the 3 hammer spring pack and a 20 lb. recoil spring from Wolff. Thanks for all the info!

Note: The gun arrived and looks great. With the original hammer spring, my girlfriend had to use both index fingers to fully pull the trigger in DA!