P-01 accessories came...

Still waiting on the P-01, though... A couple spare magazines, 250rds cheapo ammo, 100rds of my preferred sd ammo, tlr1s...

The shipping was quicker than expected, and now I am left sad that I have all the swag and no pistol, yet. Probably another week on that. Tell me stories of your CZs to help me pass the time??

chris in va

I tried a P01 back in '03 at the NRA range. It shot great but my little finger rode right on the (then) flush magazine floorplate. Based on that I bought the full size 75bd, which I've had for 8 years.

Two weeks ago I had another opportunity to try a P01 but this time it had the rubber plate and I was able to get all fingers on board. With the fiber front sight and lightened hammer spring, I fell in love and will be getting one in a couple days.

As an added bonus my Kadet slide works just fine on it.

Word of advice, first thing you'll probably want to do is get the 15# hammer spring. They're cheap and make a world of difference with the DA and SA pull force.

MLeake

I couldn't find a P01 from any of my normal sources, but while researching trigger jobs I ran across Matt Mink's site. Matt happened to have a P01 in stock, as well as night sights for it. I had him give it a carry trigger job (8DA/4SA, which is the same way Matt has his carry P01 set up).

Turnaround time was about a week, as Matt was trying to clear all his projects prior to his competition season - I really lucked out. Total price (new P01, TruDot night sights, and very smooth trigger job, plus shipping) was $894.

Gun shoots very nicely, and is equally happy with 124+P+ or 147 standard Federal HST.

Only change I have made since was to add some VZ grips.

+1 on the new style magazines being more user friendly. I traded away my old PCR because the old floorplates pinched my little finger, too.

And +1 for the Kadet. It works quite well, though it looks a bit odd on the P01 frame.

Hmm, I didn't even take mental note when playing with P-01s before... Do the mags drop free, or am I going to need to do some quick work to make them?

My P-01 is and has been my main 9mm multi-purpose pistol.
It's interesting to learn the Glock brand light does not fit the Glock Gen4 model 34 pistol, but the Glock brand light does lock into and does latch securely on the CZ P-01 pistol. Seems funny to me CZ seems to know more about fitting Glock accessories than Glock does.
I too have the multiple spare magazines for the P-01 and use assorted holsters for different modes of carry. A normal leather Galco on a belt, A plastic paddle type for easy slip-on, and a Desantis fabric type for use inside a pocket. In my world, 9mm's come and go. The one and only 9mm that is not for sale in the P-01. I get good scores with it for IDPA, but out at 50 yards, I do better with a target model Glock 34 when it comes to competitions. You should look forward to enjoying your P-01. It's rock solid, dependable, accurate, and a favorite among friends. By that I mean I sometimes take friends and family to experience local shooting matches. Hands down favorite pistol for them to use is my CZ P-01.

Gator Weiss

I bought one long ago. Wonderful pistol. Great shooter. Came with only one walther mag. I had gun shop order me two after market mags by pro-mag and those worked really good.

I like the feel of this one. I noted many similarities in the nature of the design to my beretta 92fs.

I can certainly see why many europeans really like this pistol. Very good shooter. Mine was very accurate. My wife is not a shooter really. She picked it up and fired it very easily.

I loaned this one to an in-law a few years ago. I still have not gotten it back.

In 91 or 92 I had occasion to train with German troops and they were still issuing the P1 to their reservists. I was with several americans and we spent time shooting the p1 and the mg1 up at Kusel. I received a Schutzenshnur decoration. I enjoyed the pistol and when a vunshop in texas shipped in a bunch of p1 pistols from an importer i bought one for 269.00. I never regretted it.

Today I see p1 pistols for around 4 to 500. I have seen some in sporting goods stores with 650.00 prices on them but no one buys them at that price.

Last edited:
I'm sure the 75B is fine, it just wasn't for me. The grip and the trigger reach is not the same between the P-01 and the 75B. A guy once tried to sell me his 75B and I told him I prefer the P-01. Granted- I have short fat fingers and not a huge palm size. I tried his 75B and then had him try my P-01. And he agreed he could tell the difference. One petty thing did come up at a local IDPA match: the range official told me since the P-01 does have a de-cocker- I had to use it. So that first shot was double action. When push came to shove and I was trying to achieve the best scores at other matches, that's when the Glock 34 with Warren Tactical sights came into play. However, if I was restricted to only a single 9mm- it would be the P-01.

Awww SNAP!

It's here, they called me, it was too late to make it before they closed, but tomorrow (barring any wait...) my P-01 will be in my hands!!!!

Pics coming soon!