• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Over time Pay for Staff

Gunslinger

As I was visiting the board last night I could see what an over load the election was creating for everyone and knew it would get worse before it got any better. Legal going down due to traffic, political topics posted in general, political topics double posted in both forums, multiple post on the same topic all over, political discussion breaking into nonrelated topics in Art of the Rifle and HG&PC, et. al..

I can imagine that a lot of midnight oil was burned in the staff lounge last night and it is still not over.

Thank you all.

------------------
Gunslinger

I was promised a Shortycicle and I want a Shortycicle!

TheBluesMan

Moderator Emeritus
Thank *you,* Gunslinger!

There was almost nothing going on in the lounge last night. We were all out on the boards, doin' our thang. :)

Legal was a mad house, seemed like there were five new posts every minute all night long. I was online from 8pm until 2am. Six straight hours of updates, reading and posting.

Loved every minute of it. :) :) I just wish we had a winner...

Thanks, Bill. I'm the one who should have posted this thank you. The Staff really shined last night. I know there were a number of people tuned to TFL on the computer and CNN on the TV. Without the attention and quick work of Dave and others, we really would have gone down the tubes.

Thanks guys....all salaries are doubled for the month! :D
Rich

Mal H

Staff
And I can finally start paying attention! I think I'll use what's left over to chip in on a computer for the Florida Board of Elections, or at least an abacus.

Dennis

Staff Emeritus
It's not the computer that Florida needs.
They fell short in integrity and leadership.
How in the world could ANYone working on the election "loose" a box of ballots? Fraud is the only answer.

Doesn't "finding" a ballot box remind anyone of "finding" the "lost" FBI files on a White House coffee table - in plain sight? After *months* of being "lost"?

Fair and free elections?? Bah! Humbug! Now we're as bad as Colombia.

nralife

Yes, MANY THANKS to Rich and ALL of the staff! As always, you are doing a great job. I really appreciate your relaxed guidelines during the crisis. I think you have made a wise move, in not trying to lock every duplicate thread in L & P. People's nerves are on edge and they need to vent. When half of us are about to literally hurl because of what has been going on, it would be very hard to adhere to a rigid set of rules.

God bless you all and God save the Republic!

Joe