Outlaw Guns? Heck no! Outlaw Bicycles!!!

slabsides

Member In Memoriam
When we become involved in a 'discussion' with anti's, they often try to make the point that guns are dangerous, with many accidental shootings, and that you don't 'need' a gun. I suggest that we ask them if they or anyone in their family own a bicycle. Here are some statistics from national sources, quoted at the URL:
www.ci.walnut-creek.ca.us/bicyclesafety.html
Every six hours a bicyclist is fatally injured (1460 dead a year.)
49% of these are CHILDREN under the age of 16 years.
One million bicycle injuries to children a year require professional medical attention.
Two-thirds of these accidents DO NOT involve and automobile.
Lets not ban guns...lets ban bicycles!!!
slabsides

------------------
If they take our guns, I intend to let my hair grow long and acquire the jawbone of an ass.

HS

Ummm....
Are these pre ban (Banana seat/chopper forks/raked handle bars) or post ban (reflectors/front & rear brakes/plastic pedals) ? ;)

------------------
"The Gun from Down Under !"
http://www.para1911fanclub.w3.to/
E-mail hotshot_2000@hotmail.com
Alternate E-mail
HS2000@ausi.com

marley

Cars kill more than bikes do Ban the cars. I don't mean that. You people sound like the safty nazis..Whats next? Life it seems that no one survies it. Don't become one of them.I have almost been killed by people talking on their cell phone driving their minivan, truck,car, semi, and suv. I have never
been almost killed by a gun or a bike. patrick

Nukem

Nooooooo! ;)
Riding my bicycle really helped my shooting.
Lost weight, lowered blood pressure, got my pulse and resperation rate down where I can Run-N-Gun without gasping for breath.
Since you mention bikes, go to the NGs that cover them and you will see the same control freaks over there who call for mandatory helmet laws, so it's not just a gun issue, it's a Nazi thing, I think.

jcoyoung

We should just ban cell phones too! Or maybe we can ban talking? :)

Here's an idea, we ban oxygen! Guns, cars, riding bicycles all require oxygen to operate. A ban on oxygen is a small price to pay "for the safety of our children!" There needs to be reasonable oxygen control laws in this country!

:) :) ;)

------------------
"Ray guns don't vaporize Zorbonians, Zorbonians vaporize Zorbonians" The Far Side

citizenguardian

Though you're posting in jest, it's worth pointing out that bicycling is much less dangerous per hour of operation on public roads than car driving. Less than half the rate of lethal accidents. Even lower for experienced road cyclists and tourers.

When cyclists get into lethal accidents, it's usually the fault of a motorist.

Bicycling is, in my view, the king of land transportation. Fun, efficient, and _extremely_ convenient.

Don't even joke about banning it!!