Outdoor gun range fees geez.

I go to 2 different ones.My favorite but 35 miles one way charges 6$ for 2 guns for us ole farts 55 n over cool I can live with that it's in Texas City.The other one is 12 miles from home no senior discount one gun is 11.25$ 2 guns is 21$ it's just south of Clear Lake.What are y'all paying across this great country.

Rangerrich99

My favorite but 35 miles one way charges 6$ for 2 guns for us ole farts 55 n over cool I can live with that it's in Texas City.The other one is 12 miles from home no senior discount one gun is 11.25$ 2 guns is 21$ it's just south of Clear Lake.

Holy mackerel. They charge you by the gun? Never heard of that, and I've lived in seven different states. Always just brought as many as I thought I wanted to shoot. Which is usually three. Why do they care how many guns you bring to the range?

KenL

I was just at my favorite outdoor range this afternoon. Covered BLM range. Free. The only drawback is that you get to see what the slob shooters leave behind. I couldn't take all of the garbage out.

Doyle

$150/yr unlimited use of rifle and pistol ranges. Shotgun ranges cost about $2/round of trap/skeet/clays.

xcc_rider

$60/yr at membership\private range (20 miles away)
$300/yr - $16/day at real nice close range. (15 miles away)
$180/yr - $11/day at remote range (23 miles away)

g.willikers

Indoor range two miles away = $16 per hour.
An hour of indoor concussion and smoke is plenty.
Outdoor range 15 miles away = $12 all day.
No gun limits, either one, actually never heard of that before.

Armed_Chicagoan

The 2 outdoor ranges I go to are in Indiana and run by the DNR. One is free, the other costs $4 all day. None care how many guns you have and the one you pay for has clay pigeon throwers for no extra charge.

Down side is both are nearly 2 hours away... :(

Crankylove

Whatever the gas costs to drive 50 miles west to shoot on BLM land, or, drive 70 miles east to shoot on Forest Service land.

Haven't paid to use a range here for several years, only one decent range around, and it can get pretty crowded.

Srewball

Walk out the front ( or back ) door and shoot till i run out of shells = free...except that this morning it is 4 degrees F. and the wind is blowing 15 - 20 mph :(. Then there is that pesky little thing called a mortgage....nevermind, indoor range is 20 miles south of here and costs 25$ an hour, no gun limit.

kraigwy

Our club has an indoor range, outdoor range (to 300 yards) and trap range.

Yearly fee is $25 for individual, $35 for family membership, gets you access to all the ranges, no daily fee, although the Trap range does charge per round, not sure what it is, I don't shoot trap.

When you get your membership card you get the combo to the gate to get in, and to the door of the indoor range.

The outdoor range is for daylight hours only obviously but the indoor range is open 24/7 which is great because of the shift work of the coal mines and oil fields.

Depending on the events, they may charge $5 range fee for non-members.

Surprisingly as "gun friendly" this area is, the ranges don't get the use you'd expect.

osbornk

Walk out the front ( or back ) door and shoot till i run out of shells = free...except that this morning it is 4 degrees F. and the wind is blowing 15 - 20 mph . Then there is that pesky little thing called a mortgage....nevermind, indoor range is 20 miles south of here and costs 25$ an hour, no gun limit.

I am the same except I paid off my mortgage about 15 years ago. I have no idea where to find a gun range of any kind.

Chainsaw.

$140 a year. Includes action bays where I can shoot how I want within certain parameters. Thats with having an RSO cert as well.

Jay24bal

Here in OH, our state run ranges charge $7/day, or an annual pass is $24. Most have 25, 50 and 100 yard ranges.

My club dues are $100/year. I went this route because I enjoy shooting longer ranges and my club goes out to 600.

Outside of my club, the only other range I frequent is when I want to test loads at 1,000 yards. And they charge $20/day. It is a little steep IMO, but no where else around me to shoot at 1,000.

TailGator

They charge you by the gun? Never heard of that

Me neither. I have an indoor range about 5 minutes from my house that charges a $10 admission fee, and an outdoor range run by the county that is about 15 minutes away and costs $11.50 "per day" (in quotes because it says that on their signage and on the website). Neither one even asks how many guns you bring.