Out of Curiosity: Foreign Police Surplus Guns

earlthegoat2

If everyone would be so helpful as to help me to compile a list of Foreign Police Surplus pistols that are now on American soil. Right now I only know of HK P7 PSP, P6, and ?Sig 210? That is all I can think of right now.

I know that Walther PPs, CZ 75s, HK USPs, and some others are all used by foreign police forces but they are or were also imported to the US for civilian sales as well. Im just curious about the pistols (or revolvers) that were imported as surplus.

There are numerous Smith & Wesson revolvers in the country marked with the Royal Hong Kong Police stamp, both .380-200 and .38 Special.

I seem to recall that about 10 years ago a group of Walther P-38s, or maybe the successor (P-5?), came in. They were, IIRC, surplussed from a West German police organization.

BlueTrain

Both the Walther P5 and P38 were used as police pistols, as well as the Sig P225. In all cases, however, it doesn't follow that all of those sold here had ever been police or army issue pistols. I have a P5 but it has no special markings. The CZ-82 was used as a police handgun, probably in .32 acp, army issue guns would have been in 9mm Mak, but again I don't know if any had any special markings. My CZ-82 was an army issue gun but has no markings (meaning specifically army issue markings--they all have manufacturer's name, serial numbers, logos and the importer's markings).

I once had a S&W M&P revolver with a 5" barrel in .38/200 (.38 regular) that had both British markings in the form of proof marks as well as Austrian police marks. Some of those older guns got handed around a lot.

PSP

I have; a BMI HK P7, PSP, 9mm.

a Nds Walther PP, .32acp, with lanyard loop.

a Sig P230, .32acp, with safety and lanyard loop.

and a Sphinx AT-380M, .380acp, used by Maine State police.

a Beretta 84, .380acp, with night sights, used by Indiana State Police.

WARRIOR I

Some years ago I bought a WWII era Browning High Power that came
in a military style clamshell holster. It had obviously been carried a
lot but seldom used. The finish is nearly 100%, but there are no
markings on the pistol or holster to indicate what agency it might
have been issued to, or what country for that matter. A dealer said
that it was most probably a constabulary issued firearm but beyond
that, he couldn't tell me any more.

Bart Noir

There are "real" Browning High Powers and Argentine-built BHPs out there, with a wide variety of Argentine police & military markings.

There are also Argentine-built 1911s with police/military markings. The factories that built BHPs and 1911 were building those guns under license.

The company that imports and sells the Desert Eagle line from Israel has also imported used 3rd gen S&W handguns. Most likely these were police issue but the examples I've seen were only marked with the import markings. I confirmed with MRI in Minnesota that these were coming home from Israel.

Bart Noir

WARRIOR I

Nope, this ones Belgian. Has the early internal extractor and all the
FN proof stamps. There's just no indication of what police or security
outfit it was issued to. Is there a site I could run the s/n through and
get a history on it ?

TUNNUG

I've seen a bolt action 9mm that used colt magazines, it was called the Destroyer and issued to the spanish police (I think).

DG45

I have a S&W model 1917 (1937 Brazilian contract version) 45 revolver that I was informed when I bought it had been used by the Brazilian National Police (which I believe was probably the same thing as the Brazilian Army). Since then I've heard that at least some of these pistols were used by the Brazilian Navy so I can't be sure exactly who used mine.

raven11

some Zürich police SIG 228 came in a couple months ago

sig008.jpg

better ask Top Gun supply when they will get more in ;);)

gyvel

Nope, this ones Belgian. Has the early internal extractor and all the
FN proof stamps. There's just no indication of what police or security
outfit it was issued to. Is there a site I could run the s/n through and
get a history on it ?

You might have an early post WW II West German police gun. What is the serial number, and is the holster similar to a P.38 clamshell?