OUCH! The PAIN, the PAIN!!

Sir William

I have given up two great S&W humpback 38s and I have another S&W and my Colt 45 on consignment at a local shop. I need a HK91 rifle. I do. Today I found a beautiful reblue, non-matching numbers Colt 1917 for $400.00. I looked at it but, it hurt to see it go back to the display case. I HATE it when that happens! Has it ever been that sad for others? I need a gun buyer with no money to buy support group.

stratus

Man, don't scare me with thread titles like that.

I thought the shooters actually grazed you this time or something...

And yeah, I only feel that way every time I go into the gun store. :(

SixForSure

Several years ago I was walking past the used rifle racks and came to a section that had about a half dozen Garands. I saw one that looked particularly nice, not 98% or anything, but above average. It was a Rockola! Even having grown up at NRA high power matches, I had never seen a Rockola. I looked at the price of $850.00 and put it back. D'OH!

deadin

I've never seen a Rockola Garand either. Are you sure your not confusing the M1 Carbine with the M1 Garand?

Dean

savit260

I'm with ya Sir William. I skipped my favorite gun show of the year today, due to lack of funds. What makes it even worse is that I'm Mass. resident which means no used guns from out of state. The shows are really the only chance I get to buy the stuff I'm interested in. It's rare to luck into something cool and reasonably priced in a gun shop around here. If something is even close to desirable, a hefty price tag will be placed on it. Don't even ask me about the guy I saw trip overhimself to pay $850 for a USED Glock 26. I know exactly how you feel.

utaherrn

extensive gun wishlist and no funds?

life sucks.

I can't recall all the numerous times I've had to pass up a great deal because of a great vacuous sucking sound coming from by bank account.
Surely, these are the times we cry ourselves to sleep on our pillows at night. And our wives tell us to "be a man"! Cold-hearted, unfeeling, uncaring *$&@#&^%!...........................

Tim R

Several years ago I was walking past the used rifle racks and came to a section that had about a half dozen Garands. I saw one that looked particularly nice, not 98% or anything, but above average. It was a Rockola! Even having grown up at NRA high power matches, I had never seen a Rockola. I looked at the price of $850.00 and put it back. D'OH!

There were 4 makers of the USGI M-1 Garand. If it's not a Springfield, H&R, Winchester or IHC, it is a fake and not to be trusted. The new ones by Springfield Inc, which is not related to the true Springfield might be ok.

I too have to leave many fine friends at the gun stores racks. If only I could win the lotto.

guy sajer

Sir William said:
I have given up two great S&W humpback 38s and I have another S&W and my Colt 45 on consignment at a local shop. I need a HK91 rifle. I do. Today I found a beautiful reblue, non-matching numbers Colt 1917 for $400.00. I looked at it but, it hurt to see it go back to the display case. I HATE it when that happens! ...

You'll be back in the revolver club soon enough . :)
I've owned both the HK 91 & 93 . The cool factor wears off and you're left with an overly complicated and heavy battle rifle . Don't get me wrong , I still think they're "cool" , but I found that for the cost of the HK , I enjoyed shooting the 4 or 5 revolvers I could own for the same money more than the rifle that I seemed to seldom shoot . Maybe it's just me ? I sincerely say "enjoy" !

ps: I'd go with a match grade M1A were I looking for a .308 battle rifle . :)

steinermd

I am on a tight budget, and the credit card is for emergency only.My wife says that stabbing myself in the store does not count.:)

HuntAndFish

Ah, yes...

The siren's song from the gun case. For me, it is the snubbies. The old S&W M30's with their puny little .32 caliber holes. The old Colt Detective Specials with that blue luster from yesteryear. Ah..well...I can relate.

yorec

"Gun buyer with no money support group?" That's just another name for a savers club. Welcome aboard - I'm halfway to my next one now! :cool: