Otis Elite Cleaning System. Any Good?

GunXpatriot

So... Right now, the guns I have are .22's and .30 calibers. Now, I've purchased a couple shotguns. One being a single shot 20 gauge (CBC model SB) and now a Mossberg 500 All purpose in 12 gauge.

I've also been looking at a number of other things in different chamberings, and buying a kit for every caliber range is going to get expensive. And so, I seen this Otis Elite kit. It says it does everything from rifles/pistol .17 to .50, Shotguns from .410 to 10 gauge, Muzzleloaders, etc. It also says it comes with bronze bore and chamber brushes ranging the bore diameters I mentioned.

Apparently, it has things to clean optics as well. It also comes with misc tools for, I guess scraping, etc...

So I'm wondering... Good solvent/oils aside... Will this get the job done as well as a rod? The appeal is with a gun like the Marlin 795 not having to be cleaned from the muzzle end, or at least one of the appeals. Overall, it seems to be a very good set and has good ratings across the board. Does anyone have any experience with this cleaning kit?

Thanks a lot!

Ajtozzi

I swear by it. It is a one stop solution and I greatly prefer the easy to store cables versus bulky and easily damaged rods. The breech to muzzle system is, at least for me, a no brainier. I use this in combination with Froglube and I'm a very happy camper. Covers me from .22 to .45 plus my AR and 12 gauges.

Amazon has it for about $110 which is a solid deal.

hornet41

I've used the Otis system for years. Perfect for simi-auto's and lever actions! I even use it on my bolt guns. Bore guide?? Who needs them!!:D

HILLBILLY-06

I have a Large Otis M4/M16 Military Tool Kit & the tactical kit. "I love both of them" and they work great. I used up my otis oil and patches a long time ago, but now keep CLP in eye droppers and rig/ cut & punch standard GI patches for both kits. I clean all of my guns with my otis kits, pistols, rifles, shotguns, and I beieve it was the best envestment I ever made.... I can't say enough good about them, I think the next one one my list is the even larger Otis Deluxe Military Elite kit. "I believe in them, simple as that".

GunXpatriot

Nice, nice. I've been considering it for a while. I think I'm definitely going to order it soon. Thanks a lot, everyone!