• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Other (Non-Gun) Discussion Boards

Gunslinger

I'm noticing on AR15.com that they are finding a lot of gun debates on various non-gun boards right now due to the up coming election. On most of the threads of those boards I'm reading the AR15'ers are doing better than usual with fewer flames and more logic than in the past.
We are getting down to crunch time here with the election and every vote counts.
Would it be wise to post "alerts" to gun/presidental debates on other forums in general discussion here to let TFL members know of their existance? I'm not talking about the usual Rosie/Ms. boards but computer/car type boards. Most of these people are not anti's. They are just people that have only been exposed to the liberal media view point. After all TFL is known for it's polite and informative approach to these debates.

------------------
Gunslinger

I was promised a Shortycicle and I want a Shortycicle!

Gunslinger

I had responded to the topics on both boards shortly before posting this here. As it turns out my responses were all that was needed to end the debate. In other words we gained some converts and quieted some of the more vocal anti's.
I will, however, post any others I see in the General forum so others may join in the debate. There are members here that are better at those debates than I am.

------------------
Gunslinger

I was promised a Shortycicle and I want a Shortycicle!