OT - For you Shiner fans in Kalifornia:

Bulldog

Shiner's a-comin'! :D

(Actually, it's already there)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>For years now we've been receiving calls, emails and letters from folks all across America thirstin' for some ice-cold Shiner beers. Especially from you guys out there in California!

We're excited to announce that starting Monday, March 6th Southern Californians will get their first shot at pickin' up some delicious Shiner Bock at their favorite waterin' hole or store! (Northern Californians shouldn't worry, we'll be shipping some your way as soon as we catch our breath.)[/quote]

www.shiner.com

¡Viva la Shiner Bock!

------------------
¡Viva la RKBA!
Bulldawg: NRA, GOA, TSRA, Shiner Bock Connoisseur.
Bulldawg's Firearms Page

[This message has been edited by Bulldog (edited May 20, 2000).]

fastforty

Well, I haven't had a beer in ummmm..... 14 or 20 years, but after all of the hoopla here, I'm gonna hafta try some of the stuff. Gotta wait for the northern draft though :(

Geeze, you'd think I haven't typed in that long either :D

[This message has been edited by fastforty (edited May 21, 2000).]

Ottergal

Heehee...lucky me, when I was down in So Cal a couple weeks ago I found some Shiner!!! I was so excited I did the happy dance and had a grin on my face that looked like this... :D!! I even had to tell Dennis about it!

Now the agonizing wait for Shiner to get up here to NorCal!! :)

Oh, and btw....it is really yummy!!!

Dennis

Staff Emeritus
(Swooon!)... (Sigh!)

Shiner Bock, from the little Spoetzl brewery in Shiner, Texas.

I've been to "Mecca", boys! :)

Ottergal

Ummmmmm...Dennis....who you callin' a boy? :rolleyes:

Nice John Wayne impression, Bulldog!!! And yummy is only one of many words I could use to describe Shiner! Sorry, that was the "gal" side of Ottergal talking! ;)

Jeff...Don't worry...I'd be happy to drink a Shiner for you and let you know how great it is! Might need a couple though to really get my point across! ;)

Pssst...RWK....Otters are from Kali...that is another thing to like about it! :)

Dennis

Staff Emeritus
Ottergal,

Sorry, ma'am. ;) (fingers touch brim of Stetson.) Didn't know you were listenin'.

BTW, some funny things happened when we started to get females in the service - at least ....

Aw, nevermind. I'll wait for the August Meet.

[This message has been edited by Dennis (edited May 22, 2000).]

kjm

If you ever are fortunate enough to be driving through Flatonia, Texas on I-10, you should exit there, and take HWY 95 south to the little brewery in Shiner. It is amazing. I've been about twenty times, 'cause they give out free beers after the tour. I went back before Shiner Bock was in full production. They only produced it in the Fall. When the Guy who owned Corona bought the Spoetzl brewery, they built on a whole new wing. I saw the keg room where precious Shiner Bock spills on the floor by the hundreds of gallons each day. If I only knew where the drain to that room ends! There are under forty people employed by the spoetzl brewery. Amazing that a brewery so small produces the nation's finest beer.

DC

Moderator Emeritus
I picked up a 6'er tonite on my way home (sold at Von's Markets, Cali people)...am in the process of polishing off the first....mighty tasty! Another 2 shall follow in close order. Many thanks for the heads up, Bulldog.
I like it!

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" RKBA!

Ottergal

Cheers DC!!! I will join you! With these 101 degree temps and a broken AC I might need a keg instead of a sixer!!! :eek:

DC

Moderator Emeritus
Otter....
107 today here, and yep, my AC is busted too. However, after quick-slamming I'm beginning not to care :D

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" RKBA!