OT: Compound Bow Prices

Rovert

I'm selling my Hoyt bow, and would like to know where I could find some sort of 'blue book' reference, to be sure the price I ask is fair. The bow is approx. 7 years old, so the reference would need to look back at least that far.

TIA!

fastforty

Bows have gone through a lotta technical changes in the last couple of decades, sometimes pretty fast ("trendy" comes to mind). Depending on your market audience, opinion of value could be varied. I've got a 15 y/o Ben Pearson Cobra II that I just love. Probably be lucky to get 50 bucks for it, but you can't have it for $250 ;) Hoyt is a pretty good brand, so auction would probably get a fair price. (Or is it that you know someone that wants it, & just wanna make a fair deal?)

Rovert

FastForty, yes... I made up a flier to leave at my local range, and one of the fellas there said "You might sell it in 5 minutes..." because he wants it for his brother as a Christmas gift.

My problem is that he may have offered more than I think the bow is worth. I don't have a comfort level with his offer until I know what the current fair value is.

Maybe you can give me a ballpark number, based on your experience.
http://www.gothammarketing.com/forsale.htm
Bow: ProVantage Hunter was one of the finest in their lineup when I bought it. Magnesium Riser in the 'deflex' (forward-angled) design, FastFlight string (no tears), small fast cams, and so on.
Accessories
· 12 Hoyt-Easton Carbon/Aluminum arrows (many need to be refletched, arrows were almost $300 for cutting, tips, knocks and fletching)
· Hoyt-Easton optical scope, with string-mounted and served peep sight and kisser.
· “Big Kid 3d” trigger release (by the maker of the original “Hole Thing”) this was a $300 item alone
· Saunders 6x6 cable slide
· Spring loaded 'lever' arrow rest (2 prong style)
· 24" weighted stabilizer
· Nylon wrist guard
· Ballistic Nylon padded case
Condition: This bow has never seen weather, it has been a range/target bow only. Always cased when never shot, I would rate it as 'like new' condition, knocking on the door of mint, if it weren't for a few scuffs from keeping the accessories all together in the case. The only exposure this bow saw was between the closet to the trunk of my car, and again from my trunk to the range, and back again.

All told, I have over $1000 into it. Given the bow, condition and accessories, what would you say it's worth?

ahenry

Rovert,

The guys at this message board are pretty knowledgeable and could give you a pretty good idea about the value of what you got. www.huntingbbs.com

If you don’t want to register just so you can get an idea of price for this stuff, let me know and I will post it for you.

Rovert

AH, I have no problem registering and posting, but I would feel such a post from an unknown member, would be as welcome as a fart at a cocktail party.

Perhaps you can post it for me? I don't even see where there is an equipment trading section.

TIA!

MFH

Used archery equipment can be a tough market if you want a decent price. I am not familiar with that specific bow, but for comparison, PSE mach series bows used to havew a dealer cost of about 600-700; retail about 1000. I bought 3-5 yr old models for 300-400 and now on E-bay they go for 150-300. They were the professional type models and have full lifetime warranty. I also sold a 2 yr old Darton lightning for 150 after paying 450. I would guess that if you can get more than half of retail you are doing very well.

Easton ACC shafts w/o points are running around 110/ dz wholesale.

I also have a carter bk-3d. I bought it about 5 years ago. REtial from carter then was about 145. Currently through a distributor, carter releases are around 105. I dont know about retail.

As to stabilizer, rest and case, it just depends on the make and model.

FWIW
MFH