Orrin Hatch, Supreme Court Justice?

Longshot

I just read in Parade magazine that he is being considered to replace William Rehnquist, who may soon retire.

Thoughts on this?

nralife

I don't know where Parade get's it's info from, but most folks think Hatch is too old for the job and won't be picked. We need to get some nice young conservatives in there who can do some good for years to come. It is also been predicted that O'Conner and Stevens will be the first to retire, not Rehnquist. According to Drudge, Luttig and Gonzales are the front runners for replacements.

It would be hard for the left to disrail a Hispanic conservative... :)

Hatch wouldn't be perfect, but he is no David Suter!

Joe

Battler

"Young Conservative" - that's an oxymoron!

(Just reflecting on the aging conservative and pro-gun base).

Battler

kjm

My vote is either with Rich, DC, or any number of freedom lovin' folk in abundance here at TFL.

AUTiger73

No Hatch here!

You can tell a lot about a person by their close friends. Orrin Hatch has a close personal friendship with Teddy Kennedy.

Orrin would do a "HATCHET" job on the Constitution. He is a snake and a RINO (Republican In Name Only). He talks pro-gun issues just before election time, and his subsequent actions do not back up his pro-gun rhetoric.

There are much better choices and there is no point in upsetting the Senate's balance. Maybe looking at house members would be preferred. How about Bob Barr?