Ornaments!

Tanzer

Little .45 Caliber angel ornaments to hang on the tree. The Buying ammo @ Wal-Mart thread gave me this idea. These are not live! I used my reloading press - no primer or powder. Giving them to friends & (some) family.

Attachments

• DSC03503.JPG
    DSC03503.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 110
  • DSC03505.JPG
    DSC03505.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 72

armoredman

John Browning angels?:D
A doctor's office in Green Valley many many years ago had an odd looking thing in the waiting room on Christmas - a dead tree branch mounted in a plaque, with a 38 Spl round hanging from it by a thread. When I asked what that was all about, they said, straight faced, that it was a "cartridge in a bare tree". :eek::rolleyes:

DesertDawg

I made quite a few "bullet magnets" for my gun nut buddies. You can get bulk packs of small magnets at hardware or craft stores. Cut out a section on the wall of a de-capped casing, seat a bullet, then epoxy the magnet into the casing, leaving enough of the surface of the magnet to stick to metallic items (refrigerators, etc.).

Crimp

I like the angels! I made dummy .45 ACP rounds for fan/light pull chains. People always have a comment or two about them. :)

Raytracer

Coolest Ornament Ever!

The gunshop had some .50 BMG dummy rounds with a notch cut out of the casing for sale as bottle openers. Thought that was cute too.

Joe

CmpsdNoMore

I saw a string of lights the other day that had plastic shotgun shells (empty) with the light inside of them.
In California, of all places I woulda thought.

gfen

Couple years back, on a visit to a Cabela's, I found little Colt SAA ornaments.

The plastic revolver and its removable holster is probably just shy of 3" long. Its the only Christmas ornament I've ever purchased in my life, and I make the wife display it out front of the tree every year because of that fact.