Original Ruger PC9 and PC4

Pumpkin

I’m looking for opinions on the original Ruger Police Carbines.
Not a fan of the new ones take down feature.
Thanks

9x19

The originals were about as heavy as the new ones, and most have mediocre triggers that defy improvements. They generally run just fine, but outside of Ruger's rings, mounting optics can be a bit of a challenge.

FYI, you don't have to use the take-down feature on the new models, I only used it for cleaning and for that it was awesome.

cavediver27

My PC Carbine maintains zero just fine after removing the barrel. I’ve never adjusted the red dot since sighting in and the barrel has been off numerous times. The factory iron sights are mounted on the barrel so they aren’t affected in any way. I have the Magpul Backpacker version and love it!

Hammerhead

I owned the original, now own the new one with plain stock. New built this year.
The original was a solid gun, accurate and reliable.
Due to the extended bolt in the fore end, I didn’t care for the recoil profile, the sights or scope went way off target between shots.
The new one handles a little better, seems to stay on target better. Trigger is very nice and accuracy is outstanding with hollow points.
I’ve had the barrel off many times with no poi shift.
I like the pic rail on the new one far more than the Ruger scope ring cuts. They were a pita for red dot mounting.

Pumpkin

$$$$ but very easy on the eyes. And not that it matters, the action looks a lot like the original Ruger.