Original 10mm

fed168

If I am not mistaken, it was a 200 gr. bullet at something like 1400 fps(?). If I am mistaken on the velocity, could someone please correct it?
Real hot, alot of recoil, big muzzle flash.

Intel6

I load and shoot a load that pushes a Hornady 200 XTP out of my G20 @ 1,275 fps. I shoot this load quite a bit without problems. I have installed a Wolff 24 lb. spring to slow the slide velocity down.

jtduncan

If you're looking for a 10mm, the Glock is the most prevalent 10mm pistol out there.

Anybody care to share some hotter 10mm loads out there.

I've got some really accurate 165 grain plinking loads.

For really FBI lite loads, 5.0 grains of TiteGroup with a 165 grain Berry's FP. Moderate load is 5.6 grains of TG with a West coast 165 grain RNFP.

Just bought some AA#7 for some warmer rounds.

Any good recipes?

fed168

I have been shooting a 170 gr. lead SWC with 4.5 gr of Titegroup. That is a really warm load, easy to shoot and decently accurate. I cannot remember who made the bullets, as I bought them in bulk and don't have the box with me.

viesczy

Intel6, are you using the stock barrel on the G20? Or a longer barrel?

As for 10mm ammo, there are two distinct power levels on the market. Full velocity stuff and .40S&W level stuff.

ProLoad, Triton, CorBon, Federal (155gr), Winchester, Hornady and Georgia Arms to name a few, load the 10mm in the hotter realms.

Beware of the Black Talon, Starfire and Hydra-Shok 10mms. . . I have seen butterflies beat these 10mm loadings down range!

Derek

viesczy

Intel6, I just gotsta know. . .

What recipe are you using to push that 200gr to that velocity?

I think I might need to start cooking that one!

Derek