Ordered my first AR!!

XDforever

Just finished the order online a couple of hours ago through Grab A Gun for my first AR 15.

I vacillated between Springfield's Saint, Ruger's AR 556, Smith's M&P 15, and Savage's MSR 15 Recon. The Ruger and Smith were below $500. The Savage was $768, and the Saint was $799.

I liked the specs on the Savage and the Saint the best. That's probably why they were the most $$$.

Anyways, I went with the Savage MSR 15 Recon as my first AR. Hopefully, Grab A Gun will send me an email to come pick it up in a couple of days. I live within 35 miles of their store. Now to stock up on magazines and ammo.

Joe

CDR_Glock

Congratulations! Always fun when something new comes.

What distance do you plan to shoot?

What optics do you plan to use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TX_Pipeliner

I bought a Ruger AR556 from Grab-A-Gun a few weeks ago.
That $475 price tag got me.
This is my 3rd AR platform rifle.
I added a Bushnell TRS25 Hi Mount red dot to it.
I took it to the range in Texas City and zeroed the open sights first at 50 yds.
Once that was done, I zeroed the red dot and then just shot it for fun for a total of about 250 rounds that first outing.
I had just as much enjoyment from shooting that $475 rifle as I would from shooting a high dollar custom built one.

Drummer101

I just picked up my first AR today.
Colt 6920. Been wanting one for awhile and found it for a non insane price. Heck, even at the pawn shops they had more Colts on the wall for a good price.

To bad the ranges are not open over Easter weekend...

sx hawk

Hey xdforever
I just did the same ordered my 1st ar15. The price drop got me. I purchased the armalite 15 defender sporting ar for $682.00. It's available $50 cheaper but I bought it locally
they had to order it so it's in the mail. Ditto on the mags and ammo.
Good luck to you

Last edited:

jwalker

I still have my first AR, SW MP 15, although I have upgraded or rather changed many parts on it. It is getting close to where I want it now, I am starting to think about another AR, maybe a SBR this time. At any rate, I love mine, and hopefully you will love yours as well.

XDforever

I got both a call and two emails from Grad a Gun this morning to come pick up my new Savage MSR 15 Recon. I went just after lunch. They opened the box and it was love at first sight!!

We are traveling the next few days, but as soon as we get stationary, I will put up some pictures.

Joe