Ordered a Versa Max 2

branrot

After missing one here on the TFL for sale area, I was looking all around for a deal but finally broke down and decided to order a VM2. I ordered a black horsehide for my Glock 23 (I almost got it for the P99). The guy said it would take 8-14 weeks. I've heard good things. Will I love this thing?

mec

there's a picture of one on the semi-auto board under the pictures of your auto-pistol. Its down toward the bottom of page 3 andyou have to click on it. _ tenring45 or some such link.

I've had this for a couple of years and wrote it up for AH. It's pretty comfortable and hides well under a sportshirt.

I've ordered two holsters from sparks and their projected wait time is realistic.

branrot

I called them back an hour after my first call and changed the order to the VM-2 for the Walther P99. Luckily, they hadn't started work on the holster yet!

Jason F

Yeah, the wait time is definitly real, but I'm certainly hopeful it's worth it! After all the reviews, I kept calling back adding more on to my order! Even today I ordered the last thing, and IPS mag holder!

Started with a Watch 6 Dual Talon for my Ruger P95DC.
Then I called and added a belt.
Then I called and added a Versa Max II for my Kimber Ultra Carry since they hadn't started my order yet.
Then I added the mag holder.

Wow, it went from an $65 order to $300 order! Ouch! And I still need new sights... ugh.... This is such a great, but insanely expensive hobby/lifestyle!

(When I called today and checked they were finishing up the orders from the last week of December, which means mine placed Jan 7 should be here in 2-3 weeks. Geez I wish I wouldn't have waited so long to order!)

Dan in GA

Absolutely, you'll be pleased. I've carried my P99 in a VM2, black horsehide, for about 18 months. Very versatile with the belt loops or talon clips options. VM2 holds the P99 very close to your body, and it spreads over a wide area, so it's very comfortable for me to carry all day. It fit the P99 like a glove, very snug but not too tight, from day one, so I didn't have to do anything to loosen the holster up. You made a wise choice...Dan in GA