Options for a better AR pistol then PM400?

Venom1956

I really really like the size and feel of the sig PM400 pistol but for the price I am wondering if I could get a better deal/quality from another manufacturer? I dont really need the sig brace either. Are there alternatives I should be looking at if so whos?

HKFan9

You can buy one just as good as the Sig for $600ish dollars, don't waste the money on the brace (this coming from a person who had one for awhile) and just spend the money and SBR it, you won't regret it.

Venom1956

hk thats the plan in the long term. I wouldnt mind spending more for better quality. My main go to AR makers dont really make AR pistols afaik Colt, DD, etc. I was just wondering if there was something i wasnt thinking of.

Ibmikey

As suggested just go the SBR path, pistols are difficult to shoot accurately under the best of conditions without shouldering the tube and keeping your nose away from the charging handle. If you build there are very serious restrictions to be considered, the Sig brace is an inducement to fire the weapon from the shoulder which appears to be a no-no by the latest ATF crystal gazer. A SBR opens up a whole new world of shooting fun.

tirod

"Just SBR it" means a $200 tax, trust set up fees, and it's permanently a rifle. Check you local laws - as a rifle it likely is not allowed to be carried or transported as a CCW pistol, and as an SBR you are required to have the ATF's written permission to transport across state lines.

And AR Pistol? No fees, much less hassle, no fees, exactly the same ballistic performance, no fees, and you could be able to use it in more hunting seasons than the rifle. Did I mention you don't have to pay any fees? It's still a 2MOA gun being shot at 18MOA targets where getting a hit is effective. Many SBR owners first went pistol and very few have documented or explained in detail just how much more the stock helped. None have expressed that it went from "barn door shooter" to "9 ring shooter" - because it doesn't. All it did was give them a Stamp to join a club supporting the worst anti gun ownership law passed in America - the 1934 NFA.

"Just SBR it" is not an guaranteed blanket expansion of your rights, consider your local laws and their impact.

odugrad

DD actually recently got into the AR pistol market. They're making the MK18 with a pistol receiver extension. Just FYI.