Oppinions On Bushnell and Weaver Scopes.

mitchell koster

I'm looking for a scope for a .308. I've been looking at the BUshnell 4-9 by 40 scope and also the Weaver 8 by 56. What are they like when the lighting is really bad? I know they're cheap but i'm just starting out and just need something to carry me for a year or two. I wouldn't be shooting any more than 350 yards.

Thanks all and Stay safe.

MK

NWCP

I find the Weaver scopes to be on par with most anything out there. I use a Weaver Classic on my pistols and have never had any complaints. The vermin on the receiving end seem to agree. I use Leupold, or Zeiss on my rifles, but have have been eying over the Minox line since its introduction. Tons of money poured into optics doesn't always equate to a better scope.

publius

Beshnell's Elite series are very good scopes. I also think Bushnell's low end scopes are the best of their genre. Weaver makes a good scope, I put it alongside Nikon.

skoro

The Weavers I've used have been uniformly excellent. Bushnell kinda covers the spectrum from cheap to excellent. Depends on the model. But in my experience, Weavers are unbeatable in terms of price vs performance. I have three Weavers and one each Nikon, Bushnell and Burris. I'm pleased with all of these scopes, but consider the Weavers to be the best buy.

Fat White Boy

I have a Remington 700VLS in .308 which now sports a Weaver fixed 4X. I had a Leupold 3-9X40 on it which worked just fine. I was thinking about my last few hunting shots, realizing I was always on 3 power when I shot. So. I put on the 4X. It shoots great!!!