Opinions, Please...HK USP Compact in .357 SIG

mikey357

I've got an opportunity to trade one of my seldom-used, dust-collecting handguns on an HK USP Compact in .357 Sig...I've got several questions. First, I shot an older, full-sized HK USP in .40 S&W several years ago, just after they came out...it seemed rather pleasant to fire...not as much "Buck 'n' snort" as my aluminum-framed Smith .40...do the Compacts "behave" the same way? How 'bout in .357 SIG? Almost EVERY fixed-sight handgun I pick up seems to want to shoot low for me...are different height front and rear sights readily available from HK? Anything else I need to know or consider? Thanks....mikey357

Grendal

Two words - GET IT The HK USPc .357 is one of the finest guns you could ever wish to own. I wanted to pick one up for myself but they can't be sold in California. Sights with different heights are available for the HK's. I reiterate - GET IT, you won't be disappointed.

krept

Not sure how the difference will be re: recoil as the compact does not have the double recoil spring assembly that the full size does (polymer bushing instead). The folks I have talked to have said that the USPc .40s are tackdrivers, so I imagine the SIG version would be a real shooter. I did shoot the USPf .40 and it was very nice. All in all, I love HK and highly suggest you get it if it fits.

BrokenArrow

If you like it, get it now, cuzz I heard HK is dropping them.

I've shot em, and the 40 w Jarvis 357 bbls in them (using the 40 mags). Accurate and reliable, handled a tad better than the hot 40s.

ShooterJD

I have a buddy who is a very good marksman. He has a number of guns,HK's, 1911's, glocks, etc. He was not very accurate with his HK compact in .357 SIG, yet he could shoot my G33 very well.He sold the HK. Itseemed to us that the HK had more recoil than the G33.Hope this helps you. ShooterJD