Opinions on the NEW Mini 30?

SCDeac82

Hi Guys:

Does anyone have any experience with the new Ruger Mini 30's?

Would like to hear your views pro/con.

Use would be for fun plinking and potential HD. (Have ruled out .223)

Also, the Website shows a flash suppressor on the blued model, but not on the stainless. I would want it on the SS model if possible.

Thanks Much.

SCD

Kal52

I have the mini 30 tactical, I really like it alot.
Pretty accurate for my purposes and has been reliable with all the ammo Ive put through it.

I use only silver bear, golden bear privi and boxer primed ammo.

The stainles will not be available with a flash hider, you would have to have one threaded on id imagine, or just go with the tactical.

I give it a big thumbs up

RedBowTies88

I shot the tactical one and it was nice, but I'm wondering.... for the price you pay what advantages does it have over an AK/ detachable mag SKS? I personally don't see a single one but perhaps there's something I'm looking over

Fishbed77

for the price you pay what advantages does it have over an AK/ detachable mag SKS?

Not saying that I'd buy a Mini-30 over a good AK, but the platform does have a few advantages to some folks.

-It's legal in un-democratic states that outlaw those firearms.

-You can buy one new with Ruger's lifetime "warranty" and excellent CS.

-Better standard iron sights.

chadio

With the Ruger, you are getting a warranty and a long sight radius and the satisfaction of a product "made in USA".

With the SKS, you get a rifle for 1/2 the price that is the coolest looking battle rifle of all time... with bayonet.

Just my opinion, worth exactly what you paid for it:D