Opinions on holsters S&W 5906

MD_Willington

I'm picking up a S&W 5906, I would like to get a holster for it.

I've already looked at a couple made by fobus and was wondering if anyone else had some opinions on a good holster.

I have a CPL so the holster would be mainly for that purpose. but I'm open to open carry types etc.

Thank you for your time.

MD

Glockamolie

That's a relatively heavy, full size pistol - and a good one, in my opinion. If I truly wanted to carry it often, I'd go with one of the known good ones: A Sparks VersaMax II or a Sparks Watch Six. I'd go to www.lightningarms.com to take a look at the Sparks models (and the Alessi and Del Fatti items, which are also superb), as they stock some of them (at a small price premium) rather than waiting several months for Sparks to make one for you. As important as the holster is a good gun belt. Don't skimp here, as it is every bit as important as the holster!

There are many other good ones out there. That's just my preference, as I like leather. Nothing wrong with a CTAC, or one of the other good Kydex holsters.

MD_Willington

Thank you for your reply.

I'm not set on plastic, I like leather too.

I've even considered a jack@ss rig, I just like the way they look, and I'm usually wearing a decent coat in the area I live in.